Wednesday 6 April 2011

So, about that...

Today was one of the first days since I quit that I have been up in time to actually experience daylight for more than 4 hours... Honestly it's weird.

I went to a memorial for a friends mother and offered my condolences. He seemed so under control and amiable. I personally would have been a wreck. After I found out about his mom, I called mine to tell her I loved her and that she was important to me. I know he was probably dying inside, but he put on a brave front and it sucks because I think he deserves to be sad. I don't think anyone should have to be brave, strong or courageous in that situation. We should all have the right to cry until we hyperventilate and pass out. I know I will. It was also the first time in a long time I got to see so many friends. I'm especially looking forward to cottaging this year since I will be having guests up including the lover-lee Moira, Darling... Those boys are amazing and gorgeous to boot!

Either way it was a nice way to remember his mom... She was very special to him and I'm going to start making it a point to make my mother feel that special to me. Mum put up with a lot of crap raising me and I think she deserves a round of applause for being able to do it all.


Things mum could do:
Balance schedules like a party trick
Multitask like a champ
Make time for her kids
Be a drill sergeant
Teach
Deal with my addictions without batting an eye
Get me through it all
Clean anything
Bake the best things you've ever tasted.
Help me follow my dreams
Pick me back up
Not go insane.
Go to bat for you if your right
Let you know when you were wrong
Say she's sorry
Budget anything
Show me the value of trust and honesty
Say no (harder than you might think!)
Remain calm in the face of disaster
Be a bitch to those who deserved it.
Learn anything
Keep track of children in any store.
Not lose anyone in another country
Never change
Be my super hero.

I just wanted to say how much I love my mum, my whole family in fact... They are a wonderful, funny dysfunctional group that could never be replaced. We've laughed, cried, fought and loved, but they are always there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment