Monday 24 October 2011

Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta

Sooooo, I've decided to post some of my favourite recipes on here and the modifications I made. Don't judge me too harshly on the photo... if you want pretty food go look at advertisements, I am working with what I got which happens to be a cell phone.

This recipe I adapted from Here. A blog called The Pioneer Woman, let me tell you this site has some of the most delicious food I have ever seen in my life...

My recipe is a little bit different.

Ingredients:
1 medium sized yellow onion
2 large chicken breasts
14-17 medium shrimp (cooked, peeled and de-veined)
1/2 of 3 peppers (I used Yellow, Green and Red)
2 tomatoes
1/2 cup of cream (I used half and half)
1/2 a box of Campbell's Chicken soup broth (About 2 cups)
2 tbsps margarine
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp cajun spice (Mine came from The Keg)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb pasta (I used spaghetti)
Salt and pepper to taste


How did I make this delicious meal that requires me to wear fat pants after eating you ask!?

-Throw 1tbsp margarine, the vegetable oil and 1/2 a cup of the chicken broth into a frying pan and melt together over low heat.
-Slice your chicken into short thin strips and toss into the frying pan, turn your heat up to med-high. Cook until browned.
-While the chicken is cooking, chop your peppers into thin 1 inch long strips, cut your tomatoes into small pieces and dice your onion.
-Once the chicken is finished cooking, add the veggies and sprinkle in about 1/2 of your spices.
(Now would be a great time to put the water on to boil for your pasta)
-Add about 1 cup of chicken broth and let simmer. Stir occasionally.
-After about 5 min put in your cream and stir. This is where you should add your shrimp in, as well as the rest of your spices.
(Your water is boiling! Don't forget to put in your pasta to cook!)
-Add more pepper and the rest of your margarine, because I said so... we don't skimp on calories here!
-In about 5-10 min your sauce should be thickening and your pasta should be just about done. Throw in that last little bit of broth and stir.
-Drain your pasta and turn the heat down under the frying pan to low... mix together in the pan and serve!


Warning, it looks amazing but this is a VERY heavy meal! Also you are going to want to eat this forever so make enough for lunch tomorrow too.


Small tip for those of you who like to cook with booze, add some beer or white wine to it instead of so much broth.... it's amazing-er-er-er-est. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment